Choose to Tri Website Privacy Statement
- The www.ChooseToTri.com website (the “Website“) is operated by Choose to Tri Limited (“we“, “us“, “our“, “Choose to Tri“). We respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Statement (together with our Website Terms (“Terms“) and any other documents referred to) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices relating to this Website. In order to fully understand your rights, we encourage you to read this Privacy Statement and to consult our Terms. Each time you use this Website you will be bound by the then current Privacy Statement and you should review this each time you use the Website to satisfy yourself that you are happy with it. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy statements of these other websites.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Acts“), the data controller is Choose to Tri Limited with its registered office at 70 Kenilworth Square East, Rathgar, Dublin 6, Ireland.
- Acceptance Of This Privacy Statement
By using this Website, you signify acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of the Website. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Your continued use of any portion of the Website following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
- Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide to us when using this Website or availing of our services, such as name, address, email address, telephone number;
- information provided at the time of registering to use this Website, posting material on the Website or requesting further services;
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
- if you registered for and/or participated in any of our branded Events, which are in fact organised and run by our partners.
- Where We Store Your Personal Data
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the preparation of study guidelines and training courses, the processing of your payment details and the provision of after care services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or username which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password or username confidential. We ask you not to share this information with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We have security in place such as firewalls, backup and other appropriate technical security measures.
- Uses Made Of Your Information
- We use information held about you:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- to notify you about changes to our Website and/or services.
- We may also use your data, or disclose your data to selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, by email or by telephone.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant boxes when we collect your marketing preferences. You may change your preferences at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and telling us what you want to change.
- We do not, without your consent, disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide anonymised statistical data to them for research and survey purposes. We may also use such information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, those looking working in the education sector). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- We use information held about you:
- Disclosure Of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to other members of the Choose to Tri group of companies and approved contractors or sub-contractors working on our behalf.We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Choose to Tri and its subsidiaries and its group companies, our users, or others
We take your online security very seriously and this Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk. We endeavour to use appropriate security measures.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about how you browse our Website.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate usage numbers and patterns;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to the Website.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by emailing us on email@example.com and letting us know.
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to Information
You have the right to request a copy of the information held by us about you. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed €6.35. You also have the right to access your data, have changed any inaccuracies in the details we hold about you, the right to object to the use of your data and the right to block any specific uses of your data, by means of a request in writing to Director, Choose to Tri Limited, 70 Kenilworth Square East, Rathgar, Dublin 6, Ireland or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to Choose to Tri Limited, 70 Kenilworth Square East, Rathgar, Dublin 6 or email@example.com.
Dated 7 April 2013